Tuesday, August 14, 2007

60 Years of Independence??

While on my way to office today, I had a small incident which made a huge impact on me.

I stopped at the Punjagutta X-roads as we know how the traffic conditions there are, it took me about 10 minutes right there. So I just turned off my car and was listening to radio. This was when i saw a small boy, maybe aged 12 selling Indian Flags. Generally I never happen to talk to anyone of them, but this time it was different, I felt like talking to him. I called this guy and asked him what his age was. This guy dint have an answer to that.

From his accent I figured out that he was not from around here. That was when he told me that he and his family have migrated from Kota, Rajasthan in search of jobs, which his parents dint have. I asked him does he know what he is trying to sell is. Yes he gave me a right answer that it was a Indian Flag. I was really surprised that this guy proved my thinking wrong. I really thought he is selling it merely for the sake of selling it and would not have know what it is. So I asked him that did he know why he was selling the Flag today. There I caught him, he dint know that. That was when I thought here we are celebrating 60 years of independence and what we have achieved. We have achieved to make an under-aged child, one who needs to be going to school at this point of his life, to have sell Country Flags on roads and even not tell him WHY.

I just didn’t know how I could have helped. Just bought two of the flags for have using up so much of time, but never thought that was the solution to the problem.

No comments: